Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Personal Needs

" I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs 


Because I love what I do, it is very easy for me to set my personal needs aside; and I have a need to be outside, especially with this gorgeous weather we are having.  Although I have enjoyed being outside in the past, it wasn't until my recent vacation that I realized how much I enjoyed hiking and trail walking.  It was my mission to incorporate this once I was back, and so far I have kept it up.

This past week was filled with lots of long days at the office and long nights at home trying to complete some school work.  By Monday, I was dying to get outside, and I'm so glad I did.  I have been hopping around to different parks near the office or home on my days off and yesterday I ended up at Pundt Park.  I am proud to say I did 12 miles, and my feet were very happy to be back at the car when it was over.

Here are some great pics I took along the way.  For cell phone pics, I think they turned out pretty good!









No comments:

Post a Comment