Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Walking Houston: Pundt Park, Trail Walking

03.17.2014


Pundt park, in Spring, was a fun park to hike.  It has several trails that loop around and hook together, through the woods and along the creek.  I was able to track 11.56 miles before my phone died on me.  Horses are a common sight on the trails.  And even though we had several days of rain, prior to my walk, the trails were mostly dry.  There is plenty of parking room along with a children's play area and a dog park.  A paved greenway through the woods connects John Pundt with Jesse Jones Park.  Although I started on the greenway towards John Pundt, I ended up turning around.  I had already done about 6.5 miles on the dirt trails prior to hitting the greenway, and decided I couldn't go all the way to Jones Park and make it back to my car. I was excited to find that this park also has a canoe launch, because I have been thinking about getting a kayak in the near future.  This park is definitely on the list of parks to hit again.


































No comments:

Post a Comment