Friday, March 7, 2014

If you don't take a break, Your body will make you take a break....


I really have a bad habit of burning the candle at both ends.  I have done this for as long as I can remember, and usually I slow down when I am forced to, because I get sick.  The last few years I have actually been able to avoid this miserable process, by promising my body a break and following through.  This year, however, that just did not happen.

I guess you could say things got really hectic around September, when I made the decision to move my office.  Along with the move and the painting we did, I was also still taking classes, and seeing my regular clients; I was pulling 7 day work weeks.  I KNEW I needed a break.  So, I looked at the calendar and had it all figured out!  I planned a long weekend in November to go see my friend in Concan, TX.

As you can imagine, things got crazier than I imagined after the move and I needed to post pone my trip for another time.  So all this time of telling my body, "just hold on, we have a vacation planned", went out the window.  Although, I was able to reschedule my plans, I now wouldn't be going on vacation until the end of Feb.

I can honestly say that the end of 2013 and beginning of 2014 is the sickest I have been in as long as I can remember.  I got the flu (maybe more, since I didn't go to the Dr. for confirmation), and had the hardest time getting completely well.  My body had finally said, "enough is enough; if you won't take a break, we are going to make you take a break".  I had to take an entire week off work to stay in bed (and that is NO vacation). The smallest germ or being around someone with the sniffles would set me back off.

The moral of the story is, your body, mind, and spirit all need rest!!!

Well, the good news is I got my vacation at the end of Feb. and had a wonderful time in the hill country with my friend.  I went on some fabulous hikes up the hills and spent my mornings in quiet meditation enjoying nature.  Here are a couple pics from my trip, but you can see all of them on FB.

 

 

 

 




Since being back from vacation, not only have I not been sick, but I have kept up with my walking and have started my weigh loss journey (keep an eye out for my blog on it).

No comments:

Post a Comment